Google has introduced a new expandable ad option to AdSense. The move is part of a larger strategy to breathe new life into the source of 99% of the company’s income.
The new ads can be clicked on to expand into larger adverts and have the following characteristics, from Google:
- Ads will expand only after a user clicks and interacts with the ad.
- Mouseovers or rollovers won’t trigger the ad, in order to prevent accidental expansions.
- An expandable ad won’t expand more than double its width or height.
- Once expanded, the ad will appear as a layer over the page content so that your content will not be modified or shifted in any way.
- The user may close the expanded panel at any time.
- All expandable ads must comply with our standard AdWords image ad policies.